Sunday, January 23, 2011

Amanda Dobb's Announcement on Withdrawing from US Nationals

Amanda Dobbs competes at the
2010 Four Continents Championship

AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon
Amanda Dobbs, sixth place finisher in the senior ladies division at last year's US Figure Skating Championships, has withdrawn from this year's nationals. The 17-year-old California native posted the following statement on her website, AmandaDobbs.com.

"I am sad to announce that I have had to withdraw from the 2011 US National Championships in Greensboro, NC. I took a weird fall on a jump last week and hurt my ankle...and while it will heal up just fine...it will not do so in time for me to be ready to compete next week =(

I don't always understand why at the time, but I believe things happen for a reason! My training has been going very well and I'm looking forward to getting back onto the ice and working towards a great new year! Thanks for all of the kind words and support I have already received from so many of you!"

No comments: